Old Town (Me.) -- History
Found in 17 Collections and/or Records:
Charter of the Old Town and Orono, Maine, chapter of the Dickens Fellowship, an association founded in 1902 for people who share an interest in the life and works of Charles Dickens.
A scrapbook compiled by Goldsmith while a student at the University of Maine. It includes signatures and comments of class members as well as programs, photographs and memorabilia of campus activities and fraternity life. Items of interest within the scrapbook include photographs of the Sigma Chi house on the campus as well as photos and postcards of scenes in Orono and Old Town, Maine.
Volume covers the period October and November 1873 and lists names of employees, their time worked and their daily rate of pay. Also includes a few bills from 1873 and 1874 to the company.
Administrative records of the Neeburban Club including minutes of meetings, 1901-1978; a club history; and yearbooks, 1902-1992, listing names of members and activities at monthly meetings. Also includes scrapbooks kept by club officers, 1983/1984 to 1991/1992. A few publications from the Maine Federation of Women's Clubs are also found in the collection.
The Our Neighborhood Club papers collection consists of club program booklets, scrapbooks, photographs, as well as club meeting minutes and attendance. The collection does have papers that span between 1908 to 2007, however, the collection primarily focuses on club materials during the 1960s through the 1990s.
Letter from Jedidiah Preble to the Inhabitants on Penobscot River, Together with Those within the Vicinity Convened at Colonel Jonathan Bucks
Letter, and transcription, from Jedidiah Preble to the Native Americans, military personnel, and others living near the Penobscot River, or convened at Colonel Jonathan Bucks on July the 22nd, 1777. The letter addreses recent interactions between guards and Native Americans.
Includes minutes of meetings of S. J. Oakes Post No. 121, Woman's Relief Corps for 1896-1900 and 1959-1966. Also includes copies of general orders issued 1921-1943 by the Woman's Relief Corps, Dept. of Maine.