Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Androscoggin and Kennebec Railroad Company Records
Primarily records of the treasurer's office of the Waterville, Maine, railroad company.
James Gillespie Blaine Letter (December 26, 1861)
Autograph letter signed. Letter relates to Bills for transporting troops and war munitions over Maine railroads.
European and North American Railway Company Records
The records consist primarily of correspondence and legal documents of the European and North American Railway Company from 1878 to -1882.
European and North American Railway Opening Ceremonies Collection
Contains newspaper clippings about the European and North American Railway and letters covering attendance at the opening ceremony. Photocopies of letters from Samuel L. Clemens, Joshua L. Chamberlain and Hamilton Fish are included.
Moses Giddings Papers
This small collection contains both business and personal papers of Moses Giddings of Bangor, Maine.
Bangor Street Railways (Bangor, Me.), 1889-1945 : compiled by Charles D. Heseltine and Louise M. Prince
Gideon Mayo Papers
Records from Mayo's involvement in various businesses in the Orono, Maine area and as an agent for several sawmills on the Stillwater River, including the Basin Mills, the Island Mills, and the Orono Manufacturing Company.
Portland & Rumford Falls Railway Ticket Book
A volume used at the Meadowview Station of the railroad to record the number of tickets sold, the stations to which ticket holders were traveling, the fares, etc.
Railroad Survey Books and Profiles Collection
The collection contains records of surveys done prior to building the Penobscot Central Railroad, a street-railroad operating in Bangor, Maine in the early 20th century. It also contains surveys for the Castine and Bangor Railroad, a line projected to run from Bangor to Castine, Maine.
- Subject: Railroads -- Maine X
- Railroads -- Maine 8
- Correspondence 3
- Legal documents 3
- Letters (Correspondence) 3
- Bills of sale 2
- Business records 2
- Receipts (Financial records) 2
- Accounts 1
- Androscoggin County (Me.) 1
- Bangor (Me.) 1
- Bangor (Me.) -- History 1
- Businessmen -- Maine -- Orono 1
- Cashbooks 1
- Clippings 1
- Deeds 1
- Kennebec County (Me.) 1
- Ledgers (Account books) 1
- Lists 1
- Logging -- Licenses 1
- Lumber trade -- Maine 1 + ∧ less
- European and North American Railway Company 2
- Androscoggin and Kennebec Rail-Road Company 1
- Bangor and Katahdin Iron Works Railway 1
- Bangor and Piscataquis Railroad Company 1
- Blaine, James Gillespie, 1830-1893 1
- Castine and Bangor Railroad 1
- Chamberlain, Joshua Lawrence, 1828-1914 1
- Clemens, Samuel Langhorne, 1835-1910 1
- Coe, Eben S., 1814-1899 1
- Colby College 1
- Devereux, A. M. 1
- Egery, Thomas 1
- Fessenden, William Pitt, 1806-1869 1
- Fish, Hamilton, 1808-1893 1
- Giddings, Moses, 1816-1911 1
- Hamlin, George H. 1
- Heseltine, Charles Dana, 1911-1989 1
- Mayo, Charles W. (Charles William), 1898-1968 1
- Mayo, Gideon, 1808-1876 1
- McCrillis, William H., 1813-1889 1 + ∧ less