Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Papers of an outdoorsman, journalist, writer, and photographer who spent much of his life in Maine. The collection contains correspondence, drafts of articles, and copies of published articles that document Robert Elliot's long career as a writer and photographer.
Papers related to Roscoe C. Emery's roles as a politician, newspaper editor, real estate agent and insurance agent in Eastport, Maine.
Materials were collected and compiled by Peter Kellman with regard, primarily, to the strike at the International Paper Mill in Jay, Maine. Other materials include the Simplex Lockout, the Madison Project, and the Millinocket Project.
The papers are related to articles and columns written by Donald Richard Larrabee, a Washington correspondent.
The Leavitt papers contain mostly materials used in the columns that he wrote for the "Bangor Daily News" concerning hunting, fishing, and other outdoor sports. Included are correspondence, articles, news releases, clippings, and photographs.
The official records of Clifford G. McIntire during his tour in office as U.S. Representative from the 2nd and 3rd districts of Maine, during the period 1953-1965.
The collection contains records of the Penobscot Paddle and Chowder Society, an organization in Bangor, Maine, for people interested in canoeing, kayaking and other outdoor activities. The materials center on environmental advocacy activities of the group in the 1970s.
This collection documents the foundation and activities of the Portland League for Peace and Freedom in the years before World War II. Included are correspondence, pamphlets, newsletters, and clippings concerning the League. Of interest are the publicity scrapbooks that include manuscript material. The collection also includes materials from the American Civil Liberties Union and the Emergency Peace Campaign.
Records of the Progressive Party of Maine that show the beginnings of the Party in Maine. The collection includes correspondence, announcements, press releases, and other items of the Party's early years.
- Correspondence 11
- Clippings 8
- Reports 7
- Photographs 6
- Articles 5
- Speeches 5
- Newsletters 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Minutes 3
- Notes 3
- Bills (Legislative) 2
- Election districts -- Maine -- 2nd District 2
- Fishing 2
- Hunting 2
- Journalists 2
- Ledgers (Account books) 2
- Legislators -- Maine 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Outdoor recreation 2 + ∧ less
- AFL-CIO 2
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Blassingame, Lurton, 1904-1988 1
- Brewster, Owen, 1888-1961 1
- Brooke, Edward W. (Edward William), 1919-2015 1
- Central Maine Power Company 1
- Chamber of Commerce (Washington County, Me.) 1
- Cohen, William S. 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) 1
- Couture, Dennis 1
- Dickey-Lincoln Hydro-Electric Project 1
- Dickey-Lincoln School Lakes Project 1
- Dorsky, Benjamin J. (Benjamin James), 1905- 1
- Elliot, Robert O. E., 1902- 1
- Emergency Peace Campaign (U.S.) 1
- Emery family 1
- Emery, Roscoe C., 1886-1969 1
- Friends of the St. John (Boston, Mass.) 1
- Geddes, Virgil, 1897-1989 1 + ∧ less