Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The collection contains personal correspondence from the 1920s through the 1960s reflecting Day's literary interests, efforts to publish his work and his activities in various social organizations. Client files from his career in insurance are also found in the collection.
Raymond Henry Fogler was a businessman and alumnus of the University of Maine. The University's library was named in his honor in 1962, becoming the largest library in Maine and serving as a foundation for intellectual pursuits at the university. Included in the collection are letters, correspondence, photographs, and memorabilia, spanning from his early life in South Hope, Maine, through his education, business career, and naval career, as well as personal photographs and mementos.
The collection contains personal papers of Bill Geagan, an author, columnist, illustrator and naturalist from Bangor, Maine.
Papers contain correspondence, columns, comic strips, manuscripts of his writings, radio scripts, recordings, newsclips, photographs, and Gibbons family memorabilia.
The collection contains the personal papers of Harriet P. Henry, Maine's first woman judge. They reflect her many civic activities as well as her expertise in the areas of marine law and the environment.
Materials were collected and compiled by Peter Kellman with regard, primarily, to the strike at the International Paper Mill in Jay, Maine. Other materials include the Simplex Lockout, the Madison Project, and the Millinocket Project.
- Clippings 3
- Authors, American -- Maine 2
- Financial records 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Maps 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Audiocassettes 1
- Audiotapes 1
- Booklets 1
- Books 1
- Calendars 1
- Comic strips 1
- Diaries 1
- Drafts (Documents) 1
- Fishery law and legislation -- Maine 1
- Hunting lodges -- Maine -- Princeton 1
- Insurance executives -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO 1
- Commission to Study the Future of Maine's Courts 1
- Couture, Dennis 1
- Day, John Franklin, 1884-1972 1
- East Maine Conference Seminary (Bucksport, Me.) 1
- Fogler, Raymond Henry, 1892-1996 1
- Geagan, Bill 1
- Getman, Jack 1
- Gibbons family 1
- Gibbons, Floyd Phillips, 1887-1939 1
- Henry, Harriet P. 1
- International Paper Company 1
- Kellman, Peter, 1946- 1
- League of Women Voters of Portland (Me.) 1
- Maine AFL-CIO Committee on Runaway Shops 1
- New England Mutual Life Insurance Company 1
- United Paperworkers International Union. Local 14 (Jay, Me.) 1
- United States. Navy 1
- University of Maine 1
- University of Maine at Portland-Gorham 1 ∧ less