Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Eastern Maine General Hospital School of Nursing Collection
This collection reflects the history of the School of Nursing at Eastern Maine General Hospital/Eastern Maine Medical Center from its beginning. Included are photographs, yearbooks, scrapbooks, correspondence, artifacts, etc. concerning the School of Nursing and its alumni. Rules, curricula, administrative papers, student progress reports and early corporate records are also included.
John W. Hakola Papers
This small collection contains papers gathered by Professor Hakola in his work in the History Department at the University of Maine. It also contains material reflecting his interest in the environment and natural resources of Maine.
Duncan Howlett Papers
Josselyn Botanical Society of Maine Records
The records of the Josselyn Botanical Society of Maine include meeting minutes, newsletters, correspondence, scrapbooks, and clippings recording the society's activities. It also includes journals, lantern slides, and microscope slides documenting the information gathered by the society.
Maine AFL-CIO : Charles O'Leary Records
Maine Home Economics Association Records
The records of the Association include the Constitution and by-laws, membership materials and information about the activities of the organization from 1925 on, though most the materials date from 1949 on. Also information about the Association's affliation with the American Home Economics Association is included.
Maine State Federated Labor Council Records
Portland Bicentennial Committee Records
The records include agendas, minutes, correspondence, newsletters, schedules of events. Also included is a copy of the American Revolution Bicentennial Administration's Comprehensive calendar of bicentennial events.
Portland League for Peace and Freedom Records
This collection documents the foundation and activities of the Portland League for Peace and Freedom in the years before World War II. Included are correspondence, pamphlets, newsletters, and clippings concerning the League. Of interest are the publicity scrapbooks that include manuscript material. The collection also includes materials from the American Civil Liberties Union and the Emergency Peace Campaign.
James Russell Wiggins Papers
Papers of the Executive Editor and Vice President of the Washington Post. Most of the collection is related to the Washington Post with some personal papers. Other papers include Wiggins' appointment as ambassador to the United Nations, 1968-69, and files relating to his work at the Ellsworth American newspaper.
Woman's Club of Orono Records
The collection consists of the records of the Woman's Club of Orono from the founding of the Club. Many prominent Orono families are represented in the membership.
- Clippings 6
- Reports 6
- Scrapbooks 5
- Financial records 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Photographs 3
- Agendas 2
- Annual reports 2
- Bills of sale 2
- Bylaws 2
- Labor movement -- Maine 2
- Labor unions -- Maine 2
- Membership lists 2
- Memorandums 2
- Newspapers 2
- Press releases 2
- Receipts (Financial records) 2 + ∧ less
- AFL-CIO 2
- Maine State Federated Labor Council 2
- Natural Resources Council of Maine 2
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- American Antiquarian Society 1
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Forestry Association 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial Administration 1
- American Society of Newspaper Editors 1
- Appalachian Mountain Club 1
- Bangor General Hospital 1
- Baxter, Percival Proctor, 1876-1969 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) 1
- Dorsky, Benjamin J. (Benjamin James), 1905- 1
- Eastern Maine General Hospital (Bangor, Me.) 1
- Eastern Maine General Hospital. Nurses Alumni Association 1
- Eastern Maine General Hospital. School of Nursing 1
- Ellsworth American 1
- Emergency Peace Campaign (U.S.) 1 + ∧ less