Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collection contains records of the Orono chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. A few publications of the Maine state and national organizations are also found in the collection.
This collection reflects the history of the School of Nursing at Eastern Maine General Hospital/Eastern Maine Medical Center from its beginning. Included are photographs, yearbooks, scrapbooks, correspondence, artifacts, etc. concerning the School of Nursing and its alumni. Rules, curricula, administrative papers, student progress reports and early corporate records are also included.
Papers related to Roscoe C. Emery's roles as a politician, newspaper editor, real estate agent and insurance agent in Eastport, Maine.
This small collection contains papers gathered by Professor Hakola in his work in the History Department at the University of Maine. It also contains material reflecting his interest in the environment and natural resources of Maine.
The records of the Josselyn Botanical Society of Maine include meeting minutes, newsletters, correspondence, scrapbooks, and clippings recording the society's activities. It also includes journals, lantern slides, and microscope slides documenting the information gathered by the society.
Records, 1913-2008, of the League of Women Voters of Maine, Maine's branch of the national nonpartisan political organization. Includes organizational election records, board meeting minutes, annual meeting records, voters guides, school guides as well as the records collected by a representative of the League of Women Voters of Maine while attending and observing public meetings of local municipal organizations.
Papers of William D. Shipman, a professor of economics at Bowdoin College, reflecting his participation in studies and on committees about several proposed electric power projects in Maine in the 1970s. Projects included the Dickey-Lincoln School Lakes Project and the possibility of power output from the tides in Passamaquoddy Bay.
Papers of the Executive Editor and Vice President of the Washington Post. Most of the collection is related to the Washington Post with some personal papers. Other papers include Wiggins' appointment as ambassador to the United Nations, 1968-69, and files relating to his work at the Ellsworth American newspaper.
The collection consists of the records of the Woman's Club of Orono from the founding of the Club. Many prominent Orono families are represented in the membership.
- Correspondence 8
- Newsletters 5
- Reports 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Annual reports 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Photographs 4
- Financial records 3
- Articles 2
- Memorandums 2
- Notes 2
- Orono (Me.) -- History 2
- Women -- Maine -- Orono -- Societies and clubs 2
- Yearbooks 2
- Account books 1
- Administrative records 1
- Ambassadors -- American -- United Nations 1
- Artifacts 1 ∧ less
- American Antiquarian Society 1
- American Society of Newspaper Editors 1
- Appalachian Mountain Club 1
- Bangor General Hospital 1
- Baxter, Percival Proctor, 1876-1969 1
- Brewster, Owen, 1888-1961 1
- Chamber of Commerce (Washington County, Me.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Esther Eayres Chapter (Orono, Me.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Maine State Organization 1
- Dickey-Lincoln School Impact Committee 1
- Dickey-Lincoln School Lakes Project 1
- Eastern Maine General Hospital (Bangor, Me.) 1
- Eastern Maine General Hospital. Nurses Alumni Association 1
- Eastern Maine General Hospital. School of Nursing 1
- Ellsworth American 1
- Emery family 1
- Emery, Roscoe C., 1886-1969 1
- Gridiron Club (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Hakola, John W. 1
- Hill, Albert F. (Albert Frederick), 1889-1977 1 ∧ less