Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection of memorabilia, recordings, correspondence, and photographs that serves to document the relationship between Samuel P. Bates and his family with Rudy Vallee and his wife Eleanor.
Office Of The President. Presidential Committees. Rudy Vallee Tribute Committee (University Of Maine) Records
The collection contains copies of scores of the Maine Stein Song, correspondence of university presidents and the alumni association, and articles and clippings about the song and its history. The correspondence includes letters written in 1930 from various temperance organizations voicing objections to the song's associations with drinking as well as two letters written by Rudy Vallée, one of which gives a history of the song and Vallée's involvement with it.
The papers of a popular vocalist in the U.S. during the 20th century. Included are correspondence from 1917 to 1984, newspaper clippings, scores, photographs, scrapbooks, phonograph records, megaphone, and other memorabilia.
Scrapbooks about the singer Rudy Vallée compiled by Lorene Livers, a student at St. John High School in Canton, Ohio. Contains newspaper and magazine articles, 1928-1932, about Vallée's life and career as well as copies of The Krusade, a weekly newsletter for Vallée fans published in 1931 in Wood Ridge, N.J.
- Names: Vallée, Rudy, 1901-1986 X
- Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections 3
- Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives 2
- Photographs 3
- Clippings 2
- Letters (Correspondence) 2
- Memorabilia 2
- Students' songs -- Maine 2
- Albums 1
- Artifacts 1
- Correspondence 1
- Musicians 1
- Musicians -- United States 1
- Page proofs 1
- Phonograph records 1
- Press releases 1
- Scores 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Students -- Maine 1
- Students -- Maine -- Orono -- Social life and customs 1
- Temperance -- Maine 1 ∧ less
- Bates, Samuel P., -2012 1
- Colcord, Lincoln, 1883-1947 1
- Livers, Lorene 1
- Smith, David C. (David Clayton), 1929-2009 1
- Sprague, Adelbert Wells 1