Alfred Vigue Collection
Scope and Contents
A photo collection of the work of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in Acadia National Park from 1934-1935.
- Event: 1934-1935
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (email@example.com).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on material.
Language of Materials
NA4154 A collection of 68 photos of the work of the Civilian Conservation Corps in Acadia National Park from 1934-1935. Includes pictures of CCC Camp #154 in Bar Harbor Maine along with views of some of its nearby scenery, such as Eagle Lake and McFarland Hill, as well as the CCC workers themselves. Photos: P14038-P14105.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Alfred Vigue’s son via Dobbs Productions to NAFOH May 20, 2016. Originally digitized by Bing Miller 2012, 600 pdi, 48 bit depth.
Existence and Location of Originals
Located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211.
- Acadia National Park (Me.) -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)
- Depressions -- 1933 -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photograph collections Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to Alfred Vigue Collection
- In Progress
- Katrina Wynn
- May 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States