Hunting, Trapping, Poaching, and Recreational Fishing
Scope and Contents
This is an arbitrary collection of accessions created in June 2014 containing interviews that focus on hunting, trapping, poaching, and recreational fishing. There are 123 series in NAFOH that relate to the topic, but 18 belong solely to this collection.
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (email@example.com).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on material.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211.
Materials Specific Details
Audio files are the primary source material. Transcriptions are the transcriber's best effort to convert audio to text, but should be considered secondary to the audio.
- Fishing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hunting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Trapping Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Hunting, Trapping, Poaching, and Recreational Fishing Collection
- Digital Objects Available
- Elizabeth Russell
- May 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States