Fisheries/Ted Ames Collection
Scope and Contents
Recordings by Ted Ames that have to do with fisheries. Part one a series of interviews by Ames about the fishing grounds in the Gulf of Maine and Penobscot Bay fisheries. Part two is recordings from the Localized Fishery Stocks conference attended and recorded by Ted Ames about the implications of localized fish stocks on October 31 and November 1, 1997.
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (email@example.com).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. Known restrictions on material.
Language of Materials
Physical material includes misc. collection information, CDs, and 16 folders of series transcripts, many or which aren't digitized.
Existence and Location of Originals
Located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211. Physical items in library annex 30-A-2-6 Box MF160.
Materials Specific Details
Audio files are the primary source material. Transcriptions are the transcriber's best effort to convert audio to text, but should be considered secondary to the audio.
Not yet fully processed: sticky notes and not all metal removed.
- Cod fisheries -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fishing -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to Fisheries/Ted Ames Collection
- Digital Objects Available
- Amy Dias
- May 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States