Mary Ellen Barnes Collection
Scope and Contents
A series of eleven interviews conducted by Mary Ellen Barnes in 1995 and 1996, mostly about the Chatham and Conway areas of New Hampshire.
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on material.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211.
Materials Specific Details
Audio files are the primary source material. Transcriptions are the transcriber's best effort to convert audio to text, but should be considered secondary to the audio.
- Agriculture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chatham (N.H.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conway (N.H.) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Logging -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to Mary Ellen Barnes Collection
- In Progress
- Thomas Libby
- May 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States