“Wildfire Loose” Oral History Project / Joyce Butler
Scope and Contents
The “Wildfire Loose” Collection consists of a series of 37 interviews conducted by Joyce Butler in preparation for her book of the same title about the fires in Maine in October 1947. Donated in 1979.
- Butler, Joyce (Interviewer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (email@example.com).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on material.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211.
Materials Specific Details
Audio files are the primary source material. Transcriptions are the transcriber's best effort to convert audio to text, but should be considered secondary to the audio.
- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Natural disasters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wildfires Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the “Wildfire Loose” Oral History Project/ Joyce Butler
- Digital Objects Available
- Amanda Marden
- March 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States