Veazie History and Architecture Project
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a series of interviews about the local history, geography, and domestic architecture of Veazie, Maine. Many of these were the result of a fieldwork course taught by University of Maine professor Edward D. “Sandy” Ives in 1977 and 1978. The collection also includes architectural survey forms, photos, and floor plans of pre-1940 houses in Veazie. In addition, there are twenty-nine interviews conducted by students in the classes. Three earlier interviews with Addie Weed about Veazie history have been assigned to the collection as has one accession (NA1107) of letters on the same topic.
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on material.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211.
Materials Specific Details
Audio files are the primary source material. Transcriptions are the transcriber's best effort to convert audio to text, but should be considered secondary to the audio.
- Architecture -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Native American and non-Native contact -- Hostile Subject Source: Local sources
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Penobscot Indians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Papers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Veazie (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Veazie History and Architecture Project
- In Progress
- Amanda Marden
- March 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States