Ricker College Student Folklore Papers
Scope and Contents
Papers written by students enrolled in a folklore class at Ricker College (Houlton, Maine) taught by Gifford Stevens. Topics include jokes, home remedies, proverbs, ghost stories, games, folktales, superstitions, graffiti, and children's folklore.
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. For roughly half of the accessions the copyright has been retained by the interviewees.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211.
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Malecite Indians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Myths Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Students -- Papers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Ricker College Student Folklore Papers
- In Progress
- Amanda Marden
- March 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States