AY125/ANT325/ANT425/AY197/198 Oral History and Folklore: Fieldwork
Scope and Contents
Student papers on a wide variety of folklore and oral history topics, most focused on Maine traditions.
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (email@example.com).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. Some known restrictions on material.
322 items (digital)
1 box (half sized)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
For those items processed before 2012, the originals are located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211.
Materials Specific Details
Audio files are the primary source material. Transcriptions are the transcriber's best effort to convert audio to text, but should be considered secondary to the audio.
Student work done in Edward D "Sandy" Ives' (later taught by other professors) field work course Oral History and Folklore: Fieldwork (the call numbers changed over the years) at the University of Maine that was not related to special projects such as Argyle Boom. Also included is work done for special topics courses (AY197, AY198) which tended to be advanced field work.
- Blueberry industry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Micmac Indians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Students -- Papers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to AY125/ANT325/ANT425/AY197/198 Oral History and Folklore: Fieldwork
- In Progress
- Katrina Wynn
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States