Deering Lumber Company Project
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of fourteen interviews with employees of the Deering Lumber Company.
- Chaney, Michael P., 1957- (Interviewer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on material.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211.
Materials Specific Details
Audio files are the primary source material. Transcriptions are the transcriber's best effort to convert audio to text, but should be considered secondary to the audio.
This project undertaken by Michael Chaney in the summer of 1980 which led to the publication of "White Pine on the Saco: An Oral History of River Driving in Southern Maine" (Northeast Folklore XXIX: 1990).
- Deering Lumber Company
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Log driving -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumbering -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Deering Lumber Company Project
- Digital Objects Available
- Amanda Marden
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States