Lumberman's Life Series
Scope and Contents
Interviews that focus on lumbering, woods work, and river drives that are not associated with specific projects.
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (email@example.com).
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. Known restrictions on material na0580.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Located at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress: AFC 2012/047 https://lccn.loc.gov/2013655211.
Materials Specific Details
Audio files are the primary source material. Transcriptions are the transcriber's best effort to convert audio to text, but should be considered secondary to the audio.
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Log driving -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumbering -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maine -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Lumberman's Life Series
- Digital Objects Available
- Amanda Marden
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States