Dorothy Plummer, interviewed individually by Nancy Herter
Scope and Contents
A series of 51 interviews about the history of Portland, Maine with index and partial and full transcripts. The Victoria Society, fall 1992. Interviews concerning life in Portland during the 1930s to the 1940s, most interviewees are 75 years old or older.
- Herter, Nancy (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
For digitized items free from access restrictions, we are working to upload this material (pdfs, mp3s, jpgs) for public access, but it is an ongoing project. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, contact Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org).
From the Collection: 36 items
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
NA3149 Dorothy Plummer, interviewed individually by Nancy Herter, February 16, 1985 and Martha A. Timothy, February 27 and March 13, 1985, Portland, Maine. Plummer, born April 4, 1899, describes her life on the family farm near the Nonesuch River; Emerson School; Waynflete High School; Wellesley College; Northern Army at Eastern Promenade; Fat Man’s Club; Red Cross in WWII; Knights of Pithius; Redman club and Moose organization; Saint Lawrence Congregational Church and Sunday School; National Guard drill; Flu Epidemic of 1918. Text: information sheet; 3 pp. index with selected transcription. Recording: C 1027, C 1028, C 1029 3 hours.
- Fraternal organizations -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Influenza Epidemic, 1918-1919 -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral history Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Portland (Me.) -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Portland (Me.) -- History -- Anecdotes Subject Source: Local sources
- Portland (Me.) -- Social Life and Customs -- 20th century Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maine -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plummer, Dorothy, 1899-1994 (Person)
Part of the Northeast Archives of Folklore and Oral History Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States