Faculty Records (University Of Maine). Professor Jensen (Robert E.) Records
Scope and Contents
The record group contains notes for lectures and papers written by Robert E. Jensen for presentation at symposia.
- Jensen, Robert E. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Robert E. Jensen was born in Iowa in 1938. A summa cum laude graduate of the University of Denver in 1961 with an M.B.A. in accounting, he received a Ph.D. from Stanford University in 1966. He was a Certified Public Accountant and taught at the University of Denver, Stanford University, and Michigan State University. He came to the University of Maine at Orono in 1968 as the Nicolas M. Salgo Professor in the College of Business Administration. In 1971-1972 he was selected as a Fellow at the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University where he conducted an investigation of quantitative and qualitative mathematical models for empirical data analysis. In 1976, he was awarded the University of Maine's Presidential Research and Creative Achievement Award. He was the author of a number of published papers and of several books including one on applied mathematics and mathematical programming in accounting and finance.
Language of Materials
Physically the box is arranged by subject. File names and dates were added and material was separated and divided into multiple sub-folders where necessary. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage.
Box number has changed:
- Old Box #38 (New Box #1)
Accruals of records related to Professor Jensen are not anticipated.
Formerly SpC MS 0265.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, November 2018, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and intellectual arrangement into series and the creation of this finding aid. Material was rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Industrial management -- Decision making -- Accounting -- Mathematical models Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Industries -- Social aspects Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lectures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Management science Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Technical reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine -- Faculty
- University of Maine. Professor Jensen (Robert E.) Records
- Matthew Revitt
- November 6, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States