Elisabeth L. Friend Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Elisabeth Lineken Friend while a student at the University of Maine. It contains signatures and comments of class members, and photographs, brochures, clippings and memorabilia about campus buildings and activities. Of particular interest are photographs of women's athletic teams and those that document Friend's membership in Phi Mu Fraternity.
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Elisabeth Lineken, the daughter of Alvah J. and Gertrude Greenleaf Lineken, was born in Thomaston, Maine, Jan. 1, 1903. She graduated from the University of Maine in 1925 with a B.S. degree in home economics. She worked for many years as a nutritionist at the Maine Women's Correctional Center, Skowhegan. She married Francis H. Friend in 1928. Elisabeth Friend died Feb. 10, 1971.
1 volume (31 x 44 cm.)
Language of Materials
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- College sports for women -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Friend, Elisabeth L.
- Greek letter societies -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Phi Mu Fraternity -- History
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine -- Students
- Women college students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Elisabeth L. Friend Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States