William W. Thompson Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Thompson while a student at the University of Maine. It contains signatures and comments of class members as well as programs, photographs and memorabilia of campus activities. Much of the volume contains programs and newspaper clippings about the university's athletic teams.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Library.
William W. Thompson, the son of Charles H. and Ellen Feeney Thompson, was born in Portland, Maine, on Aug. 27, 1910. He was member of the class of 1933 at the University of Maine. A registered civil engineer, he was a member of the firm of Bancroft and Martin and of Hutchins and Thompson. He died on May 18, 1964 in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.
1 volume (31 x 44 cm.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of William Thompson, Lancaster, PA in 2010.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- College students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Thompson, William W.
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine -- Sports
- University of Maine -- Students
- Guide to the William W. Thompson Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States