Grace Bristol Coffin Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Grace Bristol while a student at the University of Maine. It contains signatures and comments of class members, postcards and photographs of campus buildings, scenes and activities, and programs and information about the university's athletic teams, dance and theater.
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Grace Bristol Coffin, the daughter of Mortimer L. and Rosa L. Bristol, was born Nov. 10, 1895 in West Hartford, Conn. A member of the class of 1917 at the University of Maine, she was the first woman valedictorian at the university. She received a master's degree in education from the university in 1955. A resident of Bangor, Maine, Grace Coffin taught general science in the Bangor schools and was active in a variety of university and community organizations. She married Harold W. Coffin in 1918 and they had five children. She died on March 9, 1978.
1 volume (31 x 44 cm.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Coffin.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Coffin, Grace Bristol
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- Buildings
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine -- Students
- Women college students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Grace Bristol Coffin Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States