Daphne Winslow Merrill Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Daphne Winslow while a student at the University of Maine. It includes signatures and comments of class members as well as programs, photographs and memorabilia of campus activities and student life. Of interest within the scrapbook are items documenting residents of Balentine Hall, a campus dormitory, as well as materials concerning Winslow's membership in Phi Mu, All Maine Women and other campus organizations.
- Creation: 1921-1927
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the Library.
Daphne Winslow Merrill, the daughter of Wilder C. Winslow and Grace Lothrop Winslow, was born in Rockland, Maine, on March 4, 1904. She attended the University of Maine, the University of New Hampshire and Middlebury College. She was a teacher for over 50 years in various secondary schools and retired as an associate professor of English at the University of Maine. She was also an author and poet. She died on April 8, 1998.
1 volume (32 x 43 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Merrill, Daphne Winslow (Person)
- University of Maine. All Maine Women -- History (Organization)
- Phi Mu Fraternity -- History (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae (Organization)
- University of Maine -- History (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Societies, etc. (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Students (Organization)
- Guide to the Daphne Winslow Merrill Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note