Philip L. Gray Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Gray while a student at the University of Maine. It includes signatures and comments of professors and class members as well as programs, photographs and memorabilia of campus activities and fraternity and social events. Topics of interest within the scrapbook include items documenting Gray's activities as a member of the debating team, Maine Masque and Sigma Sigma Sigma.
- Gray, Philip L. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in repository.
Philip L. Gray was born on October 1, 1902. He graduated from the University of Maine in 1924 with a degree in biology, received a master's degree from Hamilton College in 1925 and an M.D. degree from the University of Rochester in 1931. Gray married Harriet E. Conley in 1939.
1 volume (27 x 40 cm.)
Language of Materials
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- College students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek letter societies -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maine Masque Theatre
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sigma Sigma Sigma
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine -- Societies, etc.
- University of Maine -- Students
- Guide to the Philip L. Gray Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States