Raynor K. Fitzhugh Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Fitzhugh while a student at the University of Maine. It includes signatures, comments and photographs of class members as well as programs and photographs of campus life, fraternity and social events, and basketball and track activities. Other items of interest include a score of "The Stein Song" by Rudy Vallée, photographs of the Senior Skulls from 1928, theater and film programs and travel photographs.
- Fitzhugh, Raynor K. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in repository.
Raynor Keese Fitzhugh, the son of John Laurence and Annie Raynor Fitzhugh, was born on April 7, 1904 in Champaign, Illinois. A member of the class of 1928 at the University of Maine, Fitzhugh graduated with a degree in mathematics. While at the university, he was a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity, the Sophomore Owls and the basketball and track teams as well as serving as a corporal in the Reserve Officers' Training Corps. Fitzhugh worked as a section supervisor for P. Ballantine & Sons in Minneapolis and died in Englewood, Florida on Jan. 6, 1985.
1 volume (32 x 40 cm.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Robert Phelps in August 1985.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Alpha Tau Omega
- College students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek letter societies -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine -- Sports
- University of Maine -- Students
- Guide to the Raynor K. Fitzhugh Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States