Francis H. Friend Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Friend while a student at the University of Maine. It includes signatures and comments of class members as well as programs, photographs and memorabilia of campus activities and fraternity life. Of interest within the scrapbook are photographs of the track team and the house and members of the Kappa Sigma fraternity as well as information about the Senior Skulls.
- Friend, Francis H. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the Library.
Francis H. Friend was born on February 17, 1898 in Skowhegan, Maine. He was a member of the class of 1920 at the University of Maine and received a master's degree from Yale in 1922. He married Elisabeth Linehan in 1928 and they had two daughters. Friend owned a lumbering business and served for 6 years in the Maine House of Representatives and for 10 years in the Maine Senate. He died in November 1958.
1 volume (32 x 42 cm.)
Language of Materials
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- College students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek letter societies -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Track and field -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine -- Societies, etc.
- University of Maine -- Sports
- University of Maine -- Students
- Guide to the Francis H. Friend Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note