Students/Alumni Records (University Of Maine). Colesworthy (Charles Franklin) Papers
Scope and Contents
Included in the record group are Colesworthy’s term reports, receipts for his tuition and other expenses, and notes, essays and mechanical drawings from his various classes. The record group also contains a ledger of minutes, 1871-1872, for the Eaglet Literary Fraternity, formed in 1871 with the object of “general improvement with special attention to debating and extemporaneous speaking.” Charles Colesworthy was one of the founding members. The constitution and bylaws of the Coburn Cadets, a military company of students, is also included.
The record group also contains a box of objects belonging to Colesworthy including his drafting instruments, brass buttons and epaulets, drumsticks, and pocket knife.
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Colesworthy was married in 1893 to Margaret S. Beacham and they had two children: Joseph Bicknell Colesworthy and Edith Margaret Colesworthy. Charles Colesworthy died in 1933.
2 folio folders
1 box (Half size box)
Language of Materials
Box number has changed:
- Old Box #243 (New Box 1)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Joseph B. Colesworthy in June 1958.
- Artifacts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College students -- Societies and clubs -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lecture notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Portland High School (Portland, Me.) -- Students
- School records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sketchbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (Maine) -- Students
- State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (Maine) -- Societies, etc.
- University of Maine
- University Of Maine. Colesworthy (Charles Franklin) Papers
- Matthew Revitt
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Revised in 2019.