Students/Alumni Records (University Of Maine). Freeland (Jones) Papers
Scope and Contents
The record group contains photographs and slides taken by Freeland Jones from around 1947 to 1965 of buildings and activities at the University of Maine including Winter Carnival, Penny Carnival, Class Day, etc. Also included is a folder containing correspondence between Edward W. Hackett, Jr., director of continuing education at the University of Maine, and Paul H. Day concerning a course entitled "Elements of Purchasing" to be taught at the University in 1968. Papers and articles related to this topic are also found in the folder. The record group also contains photographs taken by Vaughan Jones on the campus ca. 1915-1916 and group photographs of university students that include his brother Austin Jones.
- Jones, Freeland, 1923-2006 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Vaughan Jones and Austin Jones were sons of Freeland and Mabel Vaughan Jones of Bangor, Maine. Vaughan Jones was born in 1881 and was a graduate of the class of 1904 at the University of Maine. He died in 1967. His brother, Austin Jones, born in 1888 in Caribou, Maine, was a member of the class of 1912. Austin Jones' son, Freeland Jones, was born in 1923 in Bangor and was a 1948 graduate of the university. He died in 2006.
Language of Materials
Physically the records are arranged by subject.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Peter Jones, Bangor, Me. in 2006.
Formerly SpC MS 1517.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, September 2018, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and the creation of this finding aid. The boxes and folders were numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Articles Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Continuing education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hackett, Edward W.
- Jones, Austin
- Jones, Vaughan, 1881-1967
- Purchasing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Maine -- Orono -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- Buildings
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine. Continuing and Distance Education
- Jones, Peter (Person)
- University Of Maine. Freeland (Jones) Papers
- Matthew Revitt
- September 14, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States