Fred T. Jordan Scapbook and Memorabilia
Scope and Contents
Includes a scrapbook, photographs, memorabilia, etc. maintained by Fred T. Jordan while a student at the University of Maine, 1918-1922. The scrapbook contains signatures and comments of class members, programs of campus events, and photographs of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house and members, the university football team, etc. Also includes a scrapbook of Avis Strout Jordan, a member of the class of 1923 at the University of Maine. This volume includes photographs of the football team, members of the Phi Mu Fraternity, campus scenes, etc.
- Creation: 1918-1922
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Fred T. Jordan, a member of the class of 1922 at the University of Maine, was born in Kingfield, Maine, on Nov. 8, 1898, the son of J. Willis and Jennie Thompson Jordan. While at the university he majored in economics, was a member of the football team and of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity. He joined the Travelers Insurance Co. in 1928 and in 1939 became the manager of the Portland, Maine, office of the Union Mutual Life Insurance Co. He was married to Avis M. Strout Jordan, a member of the class of 1923 at the university. Fred Jordan died Oct. 18, 1975; Avis Jordan died March 30, 1977.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Richard T. Jordan, Plymouth, Fl. in August 2006.
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae (Organization)
- University of Maine -- History (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Sports (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Students (Organization)
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon. Maine Alpha Chapter (University of Maine, Orono) (Organization)
- Phi Mu Fraternity. Pi Chapter (University of Maine) (Organization)
- Guide to the Fred T. Jordan Scapbook and Memorabilia
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note