Clement Ames Lyon Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Lyon while a student at the University of Maine. It includes signatures and comments of class members as well as programs, photographs and memorabilia of campus activities and fraternity life. Much of the volume contains programs, photographs and newspaper clippings about the university's athletic teams, especially the baseball, football and track teams.
- Creation: 1911-1915
- Lyon, Clement Ames (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Clement Ames Lyon was born on Nov. 2, 1891, in East Bridgewater, Mass. He graduated in 1915 from the University of Maine with a degree in agronomy. While at the university, he was a member of the Delta Nu chapter of Sigma Nu fraternity. He moved to New Hampshire in 1916 to become headmaster and teacher of agriculture at Hampton Academy and later taught in Alton and New Boston, N.H. He then worked for the Soil Conservation Service in Hillsboro County and the N.H. Dept. of Agriculture, retiring as Director of Markets and Standards for the department in 1961. Clement Ames died on Dec. 4, 1968.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Clement A. Lyon, Jr. in March 2006.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Sigma Nu. Delta Nu Chapter (University of Maine) (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae (Organization)
- University of Maine -- History (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Societies, etc. (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Sports (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Students (Organization)
- Guide to the Clement Ames Lyon Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note