Staff Organizations. Mathematical and Physical Section of the Scientific Society (University of Maine) Meeting Records
Scope and Contents
The volume includes meeting minutes for the Mathematical and Physical Section of the Scientific Society starting on October 16, 1902. Professor Hart was the section's first chair. The meetings featured presentations on a range of subjects related to mathematics and science.
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
The minutes note that the October 16, 1902 meeting was the Mathematical and Physical Section of the Scientific Society's first meeting, but there are references to earlier meetings in the University of Maine student newspaper The Cadet (1897).
Language of Materials
The records were processed in April, 2022 by Matthew Revitt, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
- College teachers -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mathematics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- STEM Subject Source: Local sources
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States