Students/Alumni Records (University of Maine). Weeks (James Walter) Diary
Scope and Contents
Diary of Maine State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts student and Camden, Maine native James Walter Weeks (Class of 1877). The diary describes Weeks' time as a mechanical engineering student at the college and following his graduation in 1877 work as a military instructor in Camden, Maine.
Inserted inside the front cover of the diary is a letter from President Arthur A. Hauck thanking Mrs. H.W. Devereux for the donation of the diary.
- Weeks , James Walter (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
Diary of Maine State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts student and Camden, Maine native James Walter Weeks (Class of 1877).
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The diary was donated to the University of Maine in 1950 by Weeks' granddaughter Mrs. H.W. Devereux and transferred to the Library Annex from the office of former head of special collections Richard Hollinger in 2021.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, March 2022, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
- College students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (Maine). Class of 1877
- Devereux , H.W., Mrs. (Person)
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States