Faculty Records (University Of Maine). Co-Educational Students of the 1870s Research Material
Scope and Contents
Clippings from a Lewiston Journal article by Ava H. Chadbourne on the subject of the first female (co-educational) students at the Maine State College (now known as the University of Maine) in the 1870s and a clipping of a subsequent undated article on the same subject. Also, includes facsimile copies of the article, Chadbourne's research data, and correspondence regarding the students Percia Vinal White, Hannah Ellis Leavitt, Clara E. Webb, and Annie May Gould.
- Creation: 1915-1943
- Chadbourne, Ava Harriet, 1875- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the Library Annex from the office of former head of special collections Richard Hollinger in 2021.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, March 2022, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
- State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (Maine). Class of 1877 (Organization)
- State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (Maine). Class of 1878 (Organization)
- State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (Maine). Class of 1879 (Organization)
- Ramsdell, Louise H. (Person)
- Cowan, Florence H. (Person)
- Weeks, Nellie E. (Person)
- Emery, Alicia T. (Person)
- Brown, Emma (Person)
- Webb, Clara E. (Person)
- Holt, Nellie M. (Person)
- Vinal, Percia A. (Person)
- Gould, Annie M. (Person)
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script