Students/Alumni Records (University Of Maine). Weston Family Papers
Miscellaneous items from Wallace Augustus Weston (Class of 1901), Virginia Smith Weston (Class of 1944), and William Weston (Class of 1949) curated during their time at the University of Maine.
Includes: University of Maine bills, invoices, and payment receipts for expenses occurred at the University including for Omega Mu Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta, Y.M.C.A. Topic Card (1899), Women's Athletic Association Banquet program (1941), football schedules and tickets, copies of the Maine State College Catalogue (1895-1896), Agricultural Department catalog (1897), Agricultural Club Ball program (1948), Senior Dinner program (1949), Farmer's Fair program (1947), student grades (1942), Phi Mu Songs (1940), and Frosh Echo (1940).
Also, includes letters from Virginia to William (1940-1944) on a range of subjects including life at the University of Maine and World War II.
- Weston, William (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval. Personal identifiable and sensitive information will be redacted before release.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
Wallace Augustus Weston attended Madison High School and was member of the University of Maine Class of 1901, majoring in civil engineering.
Virginia Fern Smith (later Weston) was from Anson, Maine and a member of the University of Maine Class of 1944, majoring in sociology.
William Weston was the son of Wallace and a member of the University of Maine Class of 1949.
Virginia would later marry William and the donor Eileen Cyr is the daughter of William and Virginia.
Language of Materials
Library Annex: 26-B-1-5.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession #2012-0127. Received from Eileen (Weston) Cyr a child of William and Virginia Weston. The packet was dropped off in Special Collections by Andy, dispatch, University of Maine Police Department.
Copies of University of Maine commencement programs which Fogler Library already holds copies were returned to the donor Eileen Cyr (Weston), as were copies of empty envelopes addressed to William Weston.
The following items were catalogued as individual items and moved to University Publications in Special Collections: University of Maine Commencement programs (1900), Scholarship Recognition Day programs (1941 & 1948), and Information for Guidance of Students (1941).
Processed by Matthew Revitt, March 2020, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved an inventory and rehousing into appropriate archival folders and boxes.
- Athletes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bills Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College athletics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College students -- Societies and clubs -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Invoices Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Phi Gamma Delta. Omaga Mu Chapter (University of Maine)
- Phi Mu Fraternity. Pi Chapter (University of Maine)
- Receipts (Financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Student records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Maine -- Orono -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Maine
- University of Maine. Class of 1901
- University of Maine. Class of 1944
- University of Maine. Class of 1949
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script