Students/Alumni Records (University Of Maine). Class of 1957 Student Prank Papers
Identifier: UA RG 0010-042
Facsimiles of newspaper articles regarding the Class of 1957 painting on the cupola in 1954 and the pardon of UMaine Alumnus Richard F. Bastow for the prank at the Classes' Golden Reunion in 2007, 9 pages. Also, recollection of Bastow and profile on him.
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval. Personal identifiable and sensitive information will be redacted before release.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
Richard F. Bastow was a civil engineering major and member of the University of Maine's Class of 1957. During his time at the University he carried out pranks, including painting a '57' on the cupola. He was pardoned for this prank as part of the Class of 1957 Golden Reunion Dinner.
Language of Materials
Library Annex: 26-B-1-5
Processed by Matthew Revitt, March 2020, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and the creation of this finding aid. Material rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Bastow, Richard F
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College students -- Societies and clubs -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Maine -- Orono -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Maine. Class of 1957
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script