Academic Affairs. Vice President For Academic Affairs. Deans' Council (University Of Maine) Records
Scope and Contents
The records contains copies of meeting agendas, minutes, supporting material compiled for the University of Maine Deans' Council (1981-2000).
- University of Maine. Deans' Council (Organization)
- University of Maine. Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval. Personal identifiable and legally protected information will be redacted before release.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
The University of Maine Deans' Council was originally organized through the Office of the President, but over time the Vice President for Academic Affairs took over responsbility. Information in the Office of the President records indicates that the Council has been formally meeting at least since 1960.
The Council is made up of the various deans at the University of Maine. The Council's function is to faciliate communication between the provost and deans and mong deans, advise the provost, and strategic planning for academic affairs.
1 box (Half size box)
Language of Materials
The records are physically arranged in chronological order by year and month of meeting.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transfered to Library Annex as Accession 2008-0628a. The record appear to be from Elaine Albright, Dean of University of Maine Libraries from 1983-2003.
In 2019, additional meeting minutes were transferred to Special Collections by Mindy (Melinda) Pelletier, Administrative Specialist, University of Maine Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost for Academic Affairs as accession # 2019-0710.
Accruals of Deans' Council meeting material are anticipated.
There are copies of Deans' Council meeting minutes from 1960-1980 in the record group Office of the President Records, UA RG 0003 and from 1973-1986 in the record group Raymond H. Fogler Library Records, UA RG 0006.012.001.
Special Collections also holds digital copies of meeting agendas, minutes, and supporting material from 2013-2014.
Processed in May 2019 and October 2020 by Matthew Revitt, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and the creation of this finding aid. The material from the two accessions was merged, with duplicate copies disposed of, unless they included notes from Dean Albright. The material was rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Agendas Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College athletics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College sports -- Compliance Subject Source: Local sources
- College sports -- History -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University Of Maine. Deans' Council Records
- Matthew Revitt
- May 10, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States