University of Maine Activities Photographs
Identifier: SpC MS 1239
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository..
23 photographs (23 photographs : b&w ; 8 x 13 cm.-23 x 30 cm. + 1 certificate)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source of acquisition--Gift of Elizabeth Wescott, Brunswick, Me..
Title supplied by cataloger.
A collection of photographs taken at the University of Maine and centering around Clifford Walker Wescott and Thurman Cary Wescott, students at the university in the early 20th century. Includes individual and group photographs of both Wescotts; photographs of the baseball, basketball, football, hockey and tennis teams for various years between 1906 and 1912; and photographs of the university band, banjo orchestra, mandolin club and orchestra, all undated. Also includes a certificate of membership for Clifford Wescott in the Theta Nu Epsilon Society, Delta Delta Chapter, dated 1912.
- Banjoists -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College sports -- History -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mandolin orchestras -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Theta Nu Epsilon. Delta Delta Chapter (University of Maine) -- : Membership
- University of Maine -- : Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- : Bands
- University of Maine -- : Orchestras
- University of Maine -- : Photographs
- University of Maine -- : Sports
- Wescott, Clifford Walker -- : Pictorial works
- Wescott, Thurman Cary -- : Pictorial works
- Guide to the University of Maine Activities Photographs
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note