Office Of The President. Presidential Committees. Commission On Graduate Education (University Of Maine) Records
Identifier: UA RG 0003-006-001
Scope and Contents
The records contain textual information created and curated by the University of Maine Commission on Graduate Education. Including: copies of reports concerning women at the University of Maine, various articles and reports collected as part of environmental scans into national trends in graduate education and employment, responses from the surveys sent out to faculty and students, brochures, and copies of Commission meeting notes, correspondence, and reports.
- Majority of material found in 1988
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval. Personal identifiable and sensitive information will be redacted before release.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
The Commission on Graduate on Education was an initiative of the University of Maine's Office of the President to identify means of strengthening graduate education on campus and to document their findings in a report. The Commission included faculty and administrators from across the University. The Commission carried out a 1988 survey of University of Maine graduate students and faculty on selected issued related to graduate education at the University.
Language of Materials
Physically the boxes are arranged by subject. Some file names and dates were changed to make them more meaningful and to correct errors. Material was separated and divided into multiple sub-folders where necessary. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage.
Box numbers have changed:
- Old Box #658 (New Box #3)
- Old Box #659 (New Box #2)
- Old Box #660 (New Box #1)
The Commission concluded its work in 1988, so no accruals are anticipated.
Processed by Matthew Revitt and student worker Julia Haberstick, July 2018, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and intellectual arrangement into series and the creation of this finding aid. Material was rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Articles Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Surveys Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges -- Graduate work Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Maine -- Graduate work Subject Source: Local sources
- University Of Maine. Commission On Graduate Education Records
- Matthew Revitt
- August 3, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.