Other University Of Maine Campuses. University Of Maine At Presque Isle Records
Scope and Contents
The records contain textual information created by the University of Maine at Presque Isle, including: various copies of various course and program brochures, student handbooks, course announcements, the publication Foxtail, Pilot Plan for Continuing Development, and evaluation report on the Aroostook State College.
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
The University of Maine at Presque Isle was founded in 1903 as the Aroostook State Normal School. In 1952, the institution was renamed the Aroostook State Teacher's College and again in 1965 to become the Aroostook State College. The University became part of the University of Maine System in 1968 and was renamed again to the Aroostook State College of the University of Maine before in 1970 becoming the University of Maine at Presque Isle.
Language of Materials
Physically the folders are arranged by subject. Some file names and dates were changed to make them more meaningful and to correct errors. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage. Originally the Other University Of Maine Campuses record groups were stored in their own individual boxes, but the processing archivists consolidated the materials into two boxes to allow for space savings.
The processing archivist appraised the records and destroyed duplicate copies of publications.
Accruals from the University of Maine at Presque Isle are not anticipated because they have their own library for storing such material.
Processed by Matthew Revitt and student worker Julia Haberstick July 2018, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and the creation of this finding aid. Material was rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Brochures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Journals (Periodicals) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Plans (Reports) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Presque Isle (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Students -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University Of Maine. University Of Maine At Presque Isle Records
- Matthew Revitt
- August 14, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.