Other University Of Maine Campuses. University Of Maine At Farmington Records
Scope and Contents
The records contain textual information created by the University of Maine at Farmington, including: course catalogs, copy of pilot plan for continuing development, copies of The Maine Geographer publication, Mirror student newspaper, The Informant, Baked Apple, and Hi-Liter, list of bound journal holdings, special education bulletins, blank student applications, brochures, and newspaper clippings regarding the University.
- University of Maine at Farmington (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
The University of Maine at Farmington was established in 1864 as the State Normal School making it Maine’s first public institution of higher education. The College would go through a number of different name changes. In 1968, the Farmington State College became part of University of Maine System and in 1971 was renamed the University of Maine at Farmington.
Language of Materials
Physically the folders are arranged by subject. Some file names and dates were changed to make them more meaningful and to correct errors. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage. Originally the Other University Of Maine Campuses record groups were stored in their own individual boxes, but the processing archivists consolidated the materials into two boxes to allow for space savings.
The processing archivist appraised the records and destroyed duplicate copies of publications.
Accruals from the University of Maine at Farmington are not anticipated because they have their own library for storing such material.
Processed by Matthew Revitt and student worker Julia Haberstick July 2018, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and intellectual arrangement into series and the creation of this finding aid. Material was rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Brochures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Catalogs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Children with disabilities -- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Farmington (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gamma Theta Upsilon
- Journals (Periodicals) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Plans (Reports) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Student records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Maine Subject Source: Local sources
- University Of Maine. University Of Maine At Farmington Records
- Matthew Revitt
- August 10, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States