Faculty Records (University Of Maine). Professor Krohn (William B.) Caribou Transplant Papers
Scope and Contents
Material gathered by William B. Krohn, leader of the Maine Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit and Professor of Wildlife Ecology at the University of Maine, that documents a project to reintroduce caribou in the state of Maine. Includes clippings, newsletters, correspondence, memoranda, etc., many issued by the Maine Caribou Transplant Corporation. Accompanied by clippings and articles, 1937-1991, about caribou given to Krohn by Ralph S. Palmer, a zoologist, author and professor.
- Majority of material found within 1986-1996
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Restrictions on Use
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
1 box (Half size box)
Language of Materials
Physically the folders are arranged by subject. Revised file names and dates were added.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of William B. Krohn.
Duplicate copies of clippings were destroyed by the processing archivist.
Accruals of records related to the Caribou Transplant Project are not anticipated.
Formerly SpC MS 1077.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, November 2018, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved the creation of this finding aid.
- Caribou -- Reintroduction -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Krohn, William B.
- Maine Caribou Project
- Maine Caribou Transplant Corporation
- Newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Palmer, Ralph S. (Ralph Simon), 1914-2003
- Wildlife management -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University Of Maine. Professor Krohn (William B.) Caribou Transplant Papers
- Matthew Revitt
- November 28, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note