Academic Affairs. Dean Of Students. Associate Dean For Campus Life. Office Of Student Activities & Organizations (University Of Maine) Records
Scope and Contents
The records mainly contain textual information created and curated by the University of Maine’s Office of Student Activities & Organizations. The record group includes copies of Dean of Students meeting minutes, various memorandums, policies, procedures, by-laws, and regulations related to student organizations, parietals, dormitories, open houses, records, and behavior, copy of University of Maine Judicial Code, miscellaneous information regarding social affairs including contracts and financial statements, and miscellaneous information regarding fraternities and sororities and the University of Maine’s Student Senate.
Information on the Student Affairs Committee including: constitution, by-laws, meeting minutes, correspondence, memorandums, various policies, procedures, regulations, correspondence, questionnaire on the use of chaperones, membership lists, details of special requests the Committee received for various special student privileges, information on open houses, judicial decisions made by the Committee, and the Maine Outing Club.
Various drafts of the Student Handbook and distribution details.
- Majority of material found within 1960-1970
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval. Personal identifiable and sensitive information will be redacted before release.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Language of Materials
Physically the files are arranged by subject. Some file names were changed and dates added to make them more meaningful and to correct errors.
Box number has changed:
- Old Box #254 (New Box 1)
Accruals from the University of Maine'sOffice of Student Activities & Organizations as the Office was disbanded.
Processed in June 2018 by Matthew Revitt, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and the creation of this finding aid. The records still need to be rehoused in appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled added using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Bylaws Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College student government -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fraternal organizations -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maine Outing Club
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Regulations Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Student activities -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Student housing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Maine. Office Of Student Activities & Organizations Records
- Matthew Revitt
- June, 12, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.