Academic Affairs. Dean Of Students. Counseling Service (University of Maine) Records
Scope and Contents
The records contain textual information created by the University of Maine Counseling Service. The record series Center Publications includes: copies of Center annual reports, brochure, flyer, and various Testing and Counseling Reports on a range of subjects.
- University of Maine. Counseling Center (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval. Personal identifiable and legally protected information will be redacted before release.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
The University of Maine Counseling Center’s objectives are to:
• Initiate and provide individual and group services for the academic, career, and personal development of students.
• Promote and provide education, prevention and outreach activities, and crisis intervention services programs for students.
• Coordinate referrals and access to resources for academic skill and learning enhancement, safety, mental health treatment and personal success.
• Improve the living and learning environment through consultation, training, and community interventions.
The Center offers counseling for students and faculty/staff and delivers outreach and education including various workshops, presentations, and suicide prevention efforts which was helped made possible by the grant funded Touchstone Project. The Center also serves as a training site for masters and doctoral students interested in developing clinical and/or outreach-focused skills. The Center is based at the Cutler Health Center.
Language of Materials
An attempt had originally been made to arrange the Testing And Counseling Service Reports into alphabetical order, but many were misfiled and the processing archivist felt they should be rearranged into chronological order.
Some box numbers have changed:
- Old Box #293 (New Box 1)
Accurals from the University of Maine Counseling Center are anticipated.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, August - September 2016, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and intellectual arrangement into series and the creation of this finding aid. Material still needs to be rehoused in appropriate archival folders (where needed) and the boxes and folders numbered and titled added using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Brochures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Counseling Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Counseling -- Study and teaching -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Educational counseling -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Psychological studies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Psychological tests Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Student counseling Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Technical reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine. Counseling Service Records
- Matthew Revitt
- November 23, 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.