In Memento Mori : Doctor Caroline Colvin Scrapbook
Scope and Contents Note
A scrapbook about Caroline Colvin compiled by Mary W. Ogborn, a relative of Dr. Colvin. The volume contains newspaper clippings about Colvin, information about her former students, documents from her study in 1926 at Oxford University, etc. Entries are annotated by the compiler.
- 1863-1953 (?)
- Ogborn, Mary W. (compiler, Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Caroline Colvin was born Oct. 8, 1863, in Webster, Indiana. She graduated from Indiana State Normal School in 1890 and from Indiana University in 1893. She received a Ph.D. in history from the University of Pennsylvania in 1901. In 1902 she became an instructor in history at the University of Maine, beginning a lifelong career there that saw her serving as chair of the history department, 1906-1932, and as the first dean of women, 1923-1927. Colvin Hall on the campus of the University of Maine is named in her honor. She died in 1953.
1 volume (33 cm)
Language of Materials
A scrapbook about Caroline Colvin compiled by Mary W. Ogborn, a relative of Dr. Colvin.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of the estate of Argus E. Ogborn, Richmond, Indiana, in 1992.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Colvin, Caroline, 1863-1953
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine -- Faculty
- University of Maine -- History
- Women college teachers -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the In Memento Mori : Doctor Caroline Colvin Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States