University of Maine Centennial Celebration Records
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, clippings, brochures, and documents created in preparation for the 100th anniversary of the University of Maine in 1965. Many items relate to a committee known as the "Committee of 100." Events or the celebration included a concert series, special convocation ceremony, luncheon, observance of the founding, and special fundraising efforts. Each department was asked to write its history, and many of those reports are included in the collection.
- Creation: 1934-1965
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1964-1965
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in repository.
The University of Maine was founded in 1865 as the Maine State College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts. Items in this collection document plans to celebrate the first 100 years of the institution.
3 linear feet (2 boxes)
5 folio items
Language of Materials
Correspondence, clippings, brochures, and documents created in preparation for the 100th anniversary of the University of Maine in 1965.
Oversize newsprint items moved to folio box; otherwise original (alphabetical) order maintained.
- University of Maine -- Centennial celebrations, etc. (Organization)
- Guide to the University of Maine Centennial Celebration Records
- Box And Folder List Available
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.