Staff Organizations. Faculty And Professional Association (University Of Maine) Records
Scope and Contents
The records contain textual information created and curated by the University of Maine's Faculty and Professional Association's secretary includes copies of the constitution and bylaws, minutes, correspondence and related papers.
- Majority of material found within 1971-1974
- University of Maine. Faculty and Professional Association (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
The Faculty and Professional Association was founded in 1971 with Brooks Hamilton as the Association's first president. The Association's purpose was to represent the needs and interests of all professional staff at the University of Maine, specifically insuring adequate and equitable compensation for its members, maintaining proper academic freedom and personal rights, keeping its membership informed of impending administrative and legislative acts that are of concern to them, and in an influential way, presenting the faculty's views and desires to both administrations and legislatures. The Association dissolved on November 13, 1979 with remaining funds given to the Associated Faculties of the University of Maine (AFUM) and the University of Maine Professional Staff Association (UMPSA).
1 linear feet (1 (1 linear ft) (box))
Language of Materials
Files are arranged by subject. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source of acquisition--Gift.
Folders 10-16 were transferred to Special Collection in January, 1995.
The Faculty And Professional Association is no longer in existence, so accruals are not anticipated.
Formerly SpC MS 0554.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, November 2017, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and the creation of this finding aid. Material still needs to be rehoused in appropriate archival folders (where needed) and the boxes and folders numbered and titled added using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Bylaws Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Collective bargaining -- College employees -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Employee rights Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Membership lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Professional employees -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University Of Maine. Faculty And Professional Association Records
- Matthew Revitt
- November 17, 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States