Academic Affairs. Associate VP For Personnel And Academic Services. Maine Center For The Arts (University Of Maine) Records
Scope and Contents
The record groups includes Maine Center for the Arts flyers and brochures, programs, schedules, and posters.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Biographical / Historical
The opening and dedication of the Maine Center for the Arts located on the University of Maine campus was September 20, 1986. The Center contains 62,000 square feet of space and includes a concert hall with 1628 seats and the Hudson Museum. In 2007, the Center was renamed the Collins Center for the Arts following a gift from donors Richard R. and Anne A. Collins.
1 folio folder
Language of Materials
Physically the records are arranged by chronogically by year. Existing folder names were changed to make them more meaningful and to correct errors. Material was separated and divided into multiple sub-folders where necessary. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage.
Box number has changed:
- Old Box #632 & 622a (New Box 1)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source of acquisition--Deposited by the Maine Center for the Arts.
Box 1, Folder 26 was transferred to Special Collections in April, 2022 by the School of Performing Arts as Accession #2022-0404.
Duplicate copies of items and programs from events not held at the University of Maine were disposed of by the processing archivist.
Accruals from the University of Maine's Maine Center for the Arts (now known as the Collins Center for the Arts) are anticipated.
Formerly SpC MS 0532.
Processed by Matthew Revitt and volunteer Marian Dressler, March 2019 and April 2022, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and the creation of this finding aid. Material was rehoused in appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled added using information from ArchivesSpace.
The disposal of duplicate items allowed the materials to be consolidated into one box.
- Annoucements Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Circulars (Fliers) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hudson Museum (University of Maine)
- Maine Center for the Arts
- Performing arts -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Posters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Programs (Documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine. Maine Center For The Arts Records
- Matthew Revitt
- March 6, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States