Students/Alumni Records (University Of Maine). Canadian/American Research Papers
Scope and Contents
The record group includes seminar papers written by University of Maine students for History 291, History 308 (Seminar in Canadian history), History 309 (Seminar in New England-Atlantic provinces history), History 347 (Seminar in methodology and historiography), and History 348.
- Stewart, Alice R. (collector, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
Student papers for classes mostly taught by University of Maine history professor Alice R Stewart and sometimes co-taught with Ronald Tallman and McAndrew. Stewart was born in 1915 in Jonesport, Maine and died in 2000. She attended public schools in Brunswick. She graduated in 1937 with an AB degree summa cum laude in history at the University of Maine. She received a master's degree in history at Radcliffe College in 1938 and a Ph.D. from there in 1946. During the mid 1950s she received a Fulbright Research Fellowship to study in England. She taught history at the University of Maine, Orono from 1947 to 1980.
There are some student papers for classes taught by history professor Dr. Pease.
Language of Materials
Physically the records are arranged by subject. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage.
Box number has changed:
- Old Box #668 (New Box #1)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited by Alice R. Stewart.
Accruals from these classes are not anticipated.
Formerly SpC MS 0527.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, December 2018, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Material rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Atlantic Provinces -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Canada -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maine -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New Brunswick -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Typescipts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Maine. Department of History
- University Of Maine. Canadian/American Research Papers
- Matthew Revitt
- December 18, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States