Faculty Records (University Of Maine). Professor Brown (Ella C.) Papers
Scope and Contents
The papers of an educator interested in recreation programs in Maine. Included are brochures, pamphlets, and student papers on camps in Maine, camping in Maine, and recreation in Maine.
- Brown, Ella C., 1920-1987 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Ella Corinne Brown was born in 1920 in Kansas City, Missouri and died in Orono, Maine in 1987. She graduated from the University of Missouri in 1951 and received her master's degree from Montana State University in 1961. She received her Ph.D. degree from Indiana University. She was a faculty member at the University of Maine in Orono from 1962 to 1979. She was responsible for writing the course program for parks and recreation and designed the specialized program leading to a degree in parks and recreation.
Language of Materials
The Records Group is broken down intellectually into the following record series: 1. Camping In Maine Information, 2 Recreation In Maine Publications 3. Student Papers, and 4. Biographical Records.
Physically the material is arranged by subject. File names and dates were added. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage.
Box number has changed:
- Old Box #288 (New Box #1)
The processing archivist appraised the records and destroyed duplicate copies of items.
Accruals from Professor Brown are not anticipated because she died in 1987.
Formerly SpC MS 0522
Processed by Matthew Revitt and volunteer Marian Dressler, January 2019, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and intellectual arrangement into series and the creation of this finding aid. Material was rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Brochures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camping -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camps -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Recreation -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine -- Faculty
- University Of Maine. Professor Brown (Ella C.) Papers
- Matthew Revitt
- January 23, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note