Student Organizations And Publications. Maine Masque Theater (University Of Maine) Records
Scope and Contents
The record series contains material on theater productions at the University of Maine in the latter half of the 20th century. Included are photographs of actors and actresses and performances, programs, newspaper clippings, financial records, and posters.
- Maine Masque Theatre (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Biographical / Historical
The Maine Masque Theater at the University of Maine was founded in 1906 as the University of Maine Dramatic Club. In 1910, its name was changed to the Maine Masque Theater. All students at the University may participate in its productions. Each year the Maine Masque produces one main stage production as part of the School of Performing Arts season of events.
The Maine Masque is an independent organization under the jurisdiction of the University of Maine Student Government, but closely works with the School of Performing Arts to support various theater related activities on and off campus.
1 box (1 box)
1 folio folders (folio items)
Language of Materials
The material is physically arranged by subject. Some existing folder names were changed to make them more meaningful and to correct errors. Material was separated and divided into multiple sub-folders where necessary. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage.
Box number has changed:
- Old Box #2337 (New Box #1)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Box 2 was transferred to Specials Collections by the School of Performing Arts in April, 2022 as Accession #2022-0404.
Formerly SpC MS 0495.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, April 2019 and April 2022, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and the creation of this finding aid. Material was rehoused in appropriate archival folders (where needed) and the boxes and folders numbered and titled added using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College students -- Societies and clubs -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College theater -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Posters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Theater programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University Of Maine. Maine Masque Theater Records
- Matthew Revitt
- April 10, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note